In our desire to promote Personal and Entrepreneurial Development among youths, we have developed this Internship Program [The Enterprise Development Internship Program – EDIP ] to assist Start-Up’s and Young Businesses accesses Practical, Spiritual and Technical experience from Practicing Professional in the field of Manufacturing, Information Technology, Real Estate/Construction, Service Delivery and Education.
The following guidelines are to facilitate Mentors and Mentees relationship and meet desired expectation.
- Guidance from a general to a specific professional area
- Answers to series of questions on career development.
- Tutelage on Early career development.
- Professional identity development guidance
- Ethical and moral guidance
- Assistance in navigating professional settings, institutions, structures, processes and politics.
Roles and Characteristics of Mentors
- Acts as an experienced role model.
- Provides acceptance, encouragement, and moral support.
- Provides wisdom, advice/ counsel, coaching.
- Acts as a sponsor in professional organizations, supports networking efforts
- Assists with the navigation of professional settings, institutions, structures, procedures and politics.
- Facilitates professional development.
- Challenges and encourages appropriately facilitating mentee’s growth.
- Provides tutelage, nourishment, caring, and protection
- Integrates professional support with other areas such as faith, family, and community
- Accepts assistance from mentee in mentor’s professional responsibilities within appropriate limits
- Enjoys the opportunity to pass on their wisdom and knowledge and collaboration with early career professionals
- Phase One: Online registration.
- Phase Two: Selection process of mentee nomination and placement.
- Phase Three: One week intensive introductory lectures concluded by a Guest Mentor.
- Phase Four: Start of Internship program […duration is between 2 weeks to a month but can also be determined based on the schedule of the mentor].
- Phase Five: Weekly feedback on field experience to supervisor via online portal.
- Phase Six: Final assessment and Business idea pitch.
- Phase Seven: Graduation and induction to alumni
Introduction to Informal national/international networks within area of specialization and also business funding.
TakeRISK INITIATIVE will like you to be a part of this opportunity to be nurtured.